Friday, November 16, 2012

Thing #13

Zoho Docs:
   Creating an account with Zoho was not at all difficult.  Of course I chose the free version, because I do not know much about the site to begin with.  For the assignment I created a document using their writing tools.  From what I saw there are only about 16 different font styles.  The main ones you normally use when writing papers for school are there.  However, if you are wanting to use it for other reasons which require different fonts, there aren't many to work with.  I like having options.  Also, I could not find a way to change the spacing between lines, and inserting page numbers was a little odd.  I doubt I'll be using this site again.

Google Docs:
   Apparently, for me to use Google Docs on my home computer I have to install Google Drive.  This is something I will be looking into from the computers on campus, because I do not like installing things to my computer that I might not use again.
Google Docs seems to be easier to work with.  The tools are easier to use and there is more stuff available.

Compare the Two:
I would preffer using Google Docs in the classroom rather than the Zoho Docs.  Google Docs is easier to work with and has more of a variety of options.  Since many of the things available on Google are not too difficult to figure out, it also makes more sense to use the one website for a variety of projects.  This will also help the students get more familiar with a single site and have less confusion as to where to go to do what.

No comments:

Post a Comment