Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thing #12

I keep two calendars/planners in my backpack.  Each of them has their own function.  One is for my personal use, and the other is for school.  At home, I have a calendar in our kitchen and another calendar/planner for my pregnancy information and doctor appointments.  For the most part I am able to keep up with all of them.
I decided to use the Google Calendar.  I have it set up with some of the information for our Education 3040 class.  It is set up for the email address I did for this class.  This way, if I need to find out what is going on in class when I don't have my folder on me, I can just log on and check.  It will also send me emails for important things like our midterm and final.
This would be great for keeping up with school and class events when I begin my educational career.
I have also used Google Translate before.  It is very useful if you come across something in a quote or book that is in another language that you are not familiar with.  It is easy to use and the translations are normally correct or close to the actual translations.  It does give you other possible options for a word's meaning if there is more than one.  That would also be helpful if you are working with a student that does not understand English very well and you need to make directions that they can easily follow.  It's a great tool!

No comments:

Post a Comment