Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thing #11

-Which method of finding feeds did you find easiest to use?
It was easier for me to use to search key words on Google.  I did have to go through a few different pages to find things that I was interested in, but it wasn't too difficult.

-Which Search tool was the easiest for you?
Google Blog Search was by far the easiest!

-Which was more confusing?
Topix.net wasn't too helpful.  The set up was kind of weird to me, and it kept trying to put pop-ups on my computer.  I really didn't like that!  I browsed through Technorati a little, but didn't like it as much as the Google search.

-What kind of useful feeds did you find in your travels?
I found some more feeds related to teaching art and art projects.

-Or what kind of unusual ones did you find?
When I did general "art" searches, I often times came up with some odd feeds.  Sometimes art does have strange subject matter, but this was more of an inappropriate kind of strange.  Not something you would want in the classroom!

-What other tools or ways did you find to locate newsfeeds?
I tried going through some other websites, but they weren't something I would generally be interested in keeping up with.  I did some basic Yahoo! and Google web searches, but didn't have as much luck.  The Google Blog Search tool was much easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment