Sunday, October 7, 2012

Thing #8

letter W i34 letter L letter L o51 letter W
The above was created using Spell with Flickr.
I thought it would be fun to spell our daughter's first name.  She is due at the end of November, and we are incredibly excited about it.  So, this was fun.  Since I am not great with many online tools, it did take me a little while to figure out how exactly to add this into my blog.  That may sound silly to some of you, but unless there are step-by-step instructions, I am easily confused with some online things.
I could definitely see myself using this in the art classroom.  There are many artists who have used pictures of letters, or objects that look like letters, to create words.  This would give students ideas for their own art work.

The above image was created using Family Art Studio. This tool allows you to do similar projects as the Spell with Flickr tool.  The Family Art Studio version allows you to do more with this mashup than the other one does.  With this version you can change the colors to the background and the letter images as well.  There is also an option for wiggling the letters around.

No comments:

Post a Comment